Dean Talmadge E. King, Jr., MD and Renee Navarro, MD, PharmD, Vice Chancellor of Diversity and Outreach, discuss the importance and impact of diversity training offered via the Differences Matter initiative and Center for Faculty Educators. Learn more and register for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion Training.
A selected bibliography of articles suggested by Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Ambassadors is below.
- Aslan, M., Garrick, O., & Graziani, G. C. (2018). Does Diversity Matter for Health? Experimental Evidence from Oakland (Working paper No. 24787). Cambridge, MA: National Bureau of Economic Research. doi:10.3386/w24787
- Hobbs J. White Privilege in Health Care: Following Recognition With Action. The Annals of Family Medicine. 2018;16(3):197-198. doi:10.1370/afm.2243.
- NYU School of Medicine, Office of Diversity Affairs. Tips for Being Inclusive With Trans and Gender Nonbinary Learners (PDF)
- Romano MJ. White Privilege in a White Coat: How Racism Shaped my Medical Education. The Annals of Family Medicine. 2018;16(3):261-263. doi:10.1370/afm.2231.
- Tsai, J. (2018, July 12). Diversity and Inclusion in Medical Schools: The Reality. [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/diversity-and-inclusion-in-medical-schools-the-reality/
- Wheeler, D., Zapata, J., Davis, D., & Chou, C. (2018): Twelve tips for responding to microaggressions and overt discrimination: When the patient offends the learner, Medical Teacher. DOI: 10.1080/0142159X.2018.1506097